The Iconic Map Gets a Major Face Lift
In a tweet earlier this week, Valve hinted at the new dust2 “coming soon”. Well, only 24-hours later, Valve announced a pre-release update to the beta depot of CS:GO with the new dust2 available for testing. (Check gallery above).
Coming soon for testing in CS:GO’s next beta depot: an updated, refined version of its most iconic map – Dust2. pic.twitter.com/0xBbbcXxzy
— CS:GO (@csgo_dev) October 9, 2017
Naturally, we couldn’t wait to try our hands on this updated version of perhaps the most iconic map in Counter-Strike history.
First Impressions of the New de_dust2
While at first glance it appears that the map is nothing more than an aesthetic upgrade, upon further inspection one realizes that minor details have been included, or removed, to improve overall gameplay.
- They’ve replaced annoying physics based props with static prop detail such as weeds and rocks.
- Tunnels are brighter!
- A-long seems wider (Sort of like the way Infernew felt after the update)
- Catwalk has some interesting new angles to cover as a CT
- The doors are wooden
- There are stairs at mid ramp and T-ramp
- Valve gave a facelift to the Leet crew models, too. Check that out below.
As we explore the map, stay tuned for a follow up on the before and after comparison of dust2!
For the biggest news & insights on the Asian CS:GO scene and upcoming content like this, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.